Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | Questions about MILD

Most of my lucid dreams have been MILDs. On successful attempts, I would go to sleep with a strong intention that I was going to have a lucid dream, and on some level, I expected it to happen; it often worked if I really expected to become lucid or was highly motivated.



The thing is, I never really used any of the recommended aspects of MILD to do this, e.g. I never recalled the last dream, used mantras, or set my mind to notice dream signs etc.; I just went to sleep with a strong intention that I would have a lucid dream, and soon after, fully realized I was dreaming.



So I was wondering, what exactly is it that causes lucidity from this? Is ‘belief’ the active ingredient? Could it just be that high expectation and motivation really help your prospective memory? I’m just trying to figure out what it is about this particular approach that seems to be so successful, i.e. what is the main cause of the lucid response?



Any ideas? Thanks for your responses! ;)





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1gIlQQs

No comments:

Post a Comment