Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | ADA vs. Self Awareness [Internal vs. External]

As I am sure many of you have read, one of the most common methods for helping with LD's is awareness. It seems like there are 2 main types or "techniques". The first of which is ADA or "All-Day-Awareness. This means being aware of your environment and everything around you. Smells, tastes, colors, shapes, etc... (very general view of it)... Some people vouch that this is THE method to use, just look at all the tutorials and threads. The idea of this is to trigger lucidity when you notice something odd in the dream world. The other "type" of awareness is Self Awareness which is more internal. This can include knowing your place in the universe, knowing that you play a role and everything is effected by everything including you. It can mean being aware of how you feel, or being aware of the fact that you were just day-dreaming (whereas in ADA the focus is to try to stay outside of your mind). The idea of this one is to induce lucidity because in a dream the concept that "everything affects everything" and other similar ideas will mean something totally different, where YOU actually are the CAUSE and EFFECT of everything. Many LD'ers will also vouch that THIS is the method to use.



With that out of the way... I have a thought. Does one not induce the other when TRULY being aware? I started with ADA, then focused more on Self-Awareness the past couple of weeks... and in the past few days I have noticed... When I focus on the environment I also am aware of my place in it and how I feel about it as well as everything that is happening within it. Or... when I focus on myself or do reflection I also become MORE AWARE of my surroundings. See... I believe the idea is much more simple then EXTERNAL awareness and INTERNAL awareness. What do the 2 have in common? Awareness.



So I am starting to believe that essentially they are the same thing because in both you stop and you critically examine the universe in one way or another. You become aware.



So DREAMVIEWS... What method have you been using and what are the results? Have you considered doing both at the same time? Can you prove there is a difference? Has ADA mentally drained you? Has spontaneous awareness yielded results? Anything you have to say or contribute to awareness would be greatly appreciated, for the sake of bettering the art of lucid dreaming and truly being an Oneironaut.





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/MPKt3n

No comments:

Post a Comment