Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | MILD failure

If you're motivated you are supposed to do MILD properly. Wake up, recall, spot dreamsign if one there, visualise seeing a DS in next dream, repeat an affirmation three millions times before going back to sleep etc. But I've been thinking about what happens if you "fail" MILD - that is, you fall asleep at one of the stages. It leads me to ask the question of what happens if you fall asleep at the recall stage. Is recalling - and recalling, generally - an ideal mental exercise that makes you likely to become lucid in your next dream? Or would something else be better?



Also, assuming for the moment that recalling the previous dream is an exercise likely to lead to lucidity in the next dream, are there some types of recall that are better than others? I've realised the type of recall I've always done could be called "chronological recall", where I try to recall the dream events from the beginning (or as near to the start as possible) to the end of the dream. What if I did a type of recall I could call "static recall" - where I just freeze my focus on one point of the dream? So the idea is that you focus on just one moment - maybe the very last memory of the dream? You try to recall as much as you can about the "final frame" as though you were back in it, not moving about in the dream, but standing still and scrutinising as much as the scene as possible. Would this attitude carry over into the next dream?





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1ueHKEG

No comments:

Post a Comment