Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Lucid Dreaming | Some Interesting Science on Lucid Dreaming

I just read a popular science magazine. It's a Swedish magazine called "Illustrerad Vetenskap" in English I guess the translation would be "Illustrated Science". And I read an article about lucid dreaming and I thought I knew most science on lucid dreaming but I quickly realized that I did not.

I thought I would just share some of the content here in order to give some value to you guys and sort out the information to myself.

So here we go!

According to the article, if you are frequently lucid dreaming you are a good problem solver and probably a very self-reflective and analytical person.

This description fits me very well, I am right now writing an article in order to find solutions to potential problems in my practise and if you know my writing self-reflection and analytical are my middle names...

But the claim of lucid dreamers being more logical was based on a experiement where 68 people were selected at random at University of Lincoln and then they split these into two groups of people based on how often they said they experienced lucid dreams. Then they performed a serie of logical tests one where they let the students see three words such as "stone", "line" and "ice" and the students where supposed to find one word that they could link with each of these words. I'll write the right answer at the bottom of this post, see if you could solve it. ;)

The experiment showed that people with atleast one lucid dream a month performed better at these logical tests at the easy tasks the difference was 29% but in the really difficult tests the difference was even bigger with the lucid dreamers scoring 79% better. Go oneironatus!

So I was thinking maybe practising logical problemsolving can increase lucidity rate naturally?

However, soon we will have a lucid dreaming machine that can bring lucidity at the flick of a switch (which kind of would destroy the beautiful art of awareness practise, but hey modern technology have already done that right?) But at the University of Goethe in Germany they transfered a light electric pulse to the test-subject's brain with 25-40 Hz while they were in REM-sleep and when person woke up they reported that they had experienced a lucid dream!

The article also discussed the fact that normal dreams alone improves learning because they enhance procedural-memory such which is useful in processes like practising sports and other things.

Dreams are also important for us because we need to to handle emotions in real life and therefore function i social situations.
Dreams also help us work through negative emotions and makes us less nervous and anxious in real life.

So in summary: Improved problem solving might be a way to improve lucidity rate, maybe we have a real and actually working lucidity machine soon, and if you want to learn faster don't forget about the sleep, and if you need therapy don't forget to get good sleep.

So as an active lucid dreamer we can proudly say "We are a little smarter than the average person.."

yeahsciencebitch.jpg

I guess that was all.

Thanks for reading :)

Correct answer: ["age" (stoneage, lineage, iceage)] Mark with your cursor to see answer.
Attached Images


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1P48oZu

No comments:

Post a Comment