Sunday, September 20, 2015

Lucid Dreaming | FILD and WILD Troubles

Hey everyone, this is my first post for help!

I am trying out the FILD technique, and I'm quickly learning that I'm having the same troubles that I had back when I used to try the WILD technique. Generally, I will WBTB after about 4.5 hours of sleep. I will then attempt to FILD after being awake for an amount of time (I have tried anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours in the past, but it doesn't seem to make a difference).

My problem is that if I hold my focus on something like counting breaths, then I will never get tired enough to fall asleep. But if I don't focus on anything, then I fall asleep before realizing that it's time to do FILD. I have tried meditation before holding my focus and making sure I'm completely relaxed, but if I hold my focus then I just don't fall asleep. Am I doing something wrong?

If you don't need to hold your focus with the FILD technique, then how do you know when to start moving your fingers? I've heard that you should do it just before falling asleep, but unless I'm focusing on something, then I fall asleep before I realize I'm even close to doing so. If I do focus, then I-- Argh, you get the idea.

I have had insomnia problems in the past, but I've largely found a way to overcome it. I don't know if this has something to do with that, or if it's something else entirely.

Any advice you have for me will be hugely appreciated. Thanks everyone!

~Iri


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1MBIX1J

No comments:

Post a Comment