Monday, September 28, 2015

Lucid Dreaming | Asking a lucid dream how to lucid dream

Hello all,

My first post here.

My girlfriend and I have just stepped into the world of lucid dreaming and are absorbing everything we can about it through books, podcasts, websites, etc. We've both had our first lucid dreams. I had my first one a week ago and was able to:

...tell myself at the start to remain calm so that I wouldn't wake up
...stop a martial arts master from hurting an old college friend who was training with him
...ask the master why he was so angry (he gave me a cryptic response). It felt profound to do this.
...transform the way the outside of a model of an observatory looked like some sort of amateur wizard
...fly and feel the wind rushing by me
...stop bullets from hitting me and pick them out of the air where I had them hanging JUST like in The Matrix (they were still warm from being fired)
...see an extraordinary dream mountain (I intend to visit it at some point)

It was, well, a profound experience.

My girlfriend was transported to a Victorian era time in hers and was aware of dancing and literally vibrating with joy. She felt the fabric of her dress and chose to look outside the window (at a rather uninteresting scene). We traced the start of hers back to me whispering to her while she was asleep, "You're aware that you're dreaming." I said it twice, and the second time she barely responded to me but was still asleep. But in her dream the lights came up and had a very nice yellow gaslight like quality--everything became colorful and vibrant from what it was before she became lucid, she became aware of the music playing that she was dancing to, and she told herself, "Oh, so this is what it's like [to lucid dream]."

Of course we are hooked and are anxious to explore all of the amazing possibilities.

Anyway, to the question! I have not had a second lucid dream, although my girlfriend has. We are using the technique of staring at your hands and repeating, "The next time I am dreaming, I will see my hands and realize I am dreaming" technique. Although mine actually came from waking in the morning and the intent of going back to into the dream to help my old college friend. The hand technique is working for her but not for me I don't think.

So I was wondering...

Has anyone tried asking a dream or a dream figure, "Show me how to have lucid dreams every night." I was going to make that a goal in my next lucid dream. If you've tried this or something like it, what were the results?

Thanks. :)


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1FxEieS

No comments:

Post a Comment