Thursday, July 9, 2015

Review: Magpul MOE Grip for AR Platform

This post was published HERE previously on MSO…..

To be honest I often scoffed at the idea of spending my hard earned money on an aftermarket grip for my AR. I mean – it’s a just a grip, right? The standard AR grip has been around for decades and should be just fine. Well – several months ago I happen to have a few extra bills padding my wallet(rare occurrence) and was down in Columbia, SC at Palmetto State Armory. They had an entire section of the store dedicated to Magpul accessories and I checked out the Magpul MOE Grip.

AR-grip

standard AR grip

The Magpul MOE grip felt decent in the hand so I bought it. Once I got home I installed the grip on my Stag AR. Again, felt pretty good but nothing spectacular. A couple observations include:

  • Fills my hands more than the standard. I do not have large hands so initially was not sure if this was a good thing.
  • Ridges on the front and back provide some decent friction to secure the AR in the hand.
  • Has storage compartment but I do not use this feature.
  • There is a lip at the bottom of the grip which does help securement.
  • The “beavertail” portion that rides up the rear of the gun behind the safety and under the buffer tube provides a different feel. Good? I wasn’t sure initially.
Magpul-grip

Magpul MOE grip

I have attended two tactical carbine classes since installing the Magpul MOE grip. Although early on I felt like the standard AR grip was just fine – I have truly come to appreciate the Magpul. I very much underappreciated the importance of “grip” on the AR. During all methods of movement I found that the Magpul grip increased my connection with the rifle. That is a good thing, right?

With the Magpul MOE grip costing around $20 any benefit it provides is worth the minimal price.

By the way – the grip was easy to install. No issues at installation nor since. Construction is on par with other Magpul accessories which means very good.

Recommended.

– Rourke

 


 
 

via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1Hj8dEE

No comments:

Post a Comment