Monday, August 3, 2015

Priorities of preparedness…..

I recently left a comment on someone’s FaceBook wall concerning preparedness – and left a list of “Steps to Preparedness”. Here is what I put:  

  1. Food & Water

  2. Shelter

  3. Medical Supplies

  4. Firearms

Shortly thereafter a comment was left disagreeing (which I have no  problem) with the order which I placed the list in. The comment stated that Shelter should be  first. Putting some more thought into “Steps to Preparedness” gave me some idea’s – and here they are –  

First – someone that decides to prepare – for “whatever” – has to decide for themselves the priorities of supplies gathered. I think that is a fair statement. I mean – if you live in Vermont or Maine – you most likely will have dealing with “winter related” situations on your mind when thinking about preps. Supplies dealing with “warmth” may be the priority.  

Second– all categories of supplies are gathered when implementing a survival system. What I mean by this is most people will stock up on some extra food, as well as first aid supplies, some extra batteries….and so on. Your not going to decide that Food is your first priority and buy nothing but food until you have reached your goal. Would you? Now – you may prioritize your funds on Food first if that has been identified as the #1 priority – but other supplies would also be purchased as well.   

 

My point is – there is no single right answer to what someone should stock up on first when preparing for….well……whatever. That has to be answered by the person doing the preparing.
Any thoughts?
Rourke


via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1SEAwpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment