Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Commentary – Why I zero my AR at 50 yards…….

Rourke: This “Blast from the Past” was originally published HERE in ModernSurvivalOnline.com.

 

First off – my eye’s are not what they used to be. 100 yards with a non-magnified optic looks pretty far. 200 yards with a non-magnified optic or open sights is extremely far especially considering target identification. Anyways  – back to why I zero my AR at 50 yards.

The M193 55 grain 5.56mm round – and similar loads – are very flat shooting out to 200-250 yards. A lot depends on sight type and distance the sights are above the bore. Typically, with a zero at 50 yards – the bullet will be close to 2 inches high at 100 yards – and 2 inches low at 250 yards. That is pretty flat. My normal shooting distances are between 25 yards and 100 yards – so everything is pretty right on between those ranges.

 

******picture found at http://ift.tt/1JxfjrG

 

With my AR’s sighted at 50 yards I feel confident that at any range from 0 – 250 yards – my rifle can hit a torso sized target as long as I have steady aim and good trigger pull. 

553A65Back-NV

By the way – my tired eyes enjoy the view using the EOTech 552 Holographic Sight.

Rourke


smalllogcabin

From the Supply House…..

Mechanical Fisher’s Yo Yo Fishing Reels

Ronco’s Pocket Fisherman

Helotex G2 Tactical Flashlight

Yukon Night Vision Goggles 1×24

 

 



via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1NT5dkF

No comments:

Post a Comment