Sunday, October 4, 2015

Carry a knife? Better check this website…..

I often have a knife in my pocket and always a couple in my Jeep. Honestly – I have never given whether it is legal or not a second thought. I came across a really cool website about knives that has a section that covers laws for each state. The website is KnifeUp.com – and the section that provides the legal research tool is http://ift.tt/1rxM6iz.

Going to the “knife laws” page brings up a map of the United States. To find out the laws in your state simply click on your state and read. I live in South Carolina and clicking on my state reveals I can pretty much carry a ninja sword down the street legally. Clicking on Georgia – a state I visit several times a year – I was surprised to find that if I carry a knife with a blade longer than 5 inches I need a permit. Guess what? –  I have many knives with blades longer than 5 inches.

Each states page provides specific information to laws in that state along with summaries. The site was updated in 2013 – but disclaimers are provided as laws could change. Additionally – I did not see anything regarding local laws that could be different than the state law.

Anyways – a good resource and if you like knives – the main page is an online knife magazine.

For more information see http://ift.tt/1rxM6iz.

Rourke

 



 



via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1FObP4w

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the greatest detailed beginner’s review about pocket knife I have seen. Well done.

    ReplyDelete