Thursday, October 15, 2015

Lucid Dreaming | How to do reality checks when static throughout the day

Due to the nature of my job, I'm often positioned in one spot for the whole day. Because of this, I don't know how to approach reality checking and mindfulness in general.

If I've already done a RC and thoroughly questioned my state of mind and my surroundings, what do I do twenty minutes later or so when I'm still standing or sitting in the exact same place? I remember I've already done a RC, but there's always a chance I could have fallen asleep since then, or that performing the RC was a false memory.

So I wonder if I should just RC check constantly under the aforementioned assumptions. Performing proper RCs can be mentally draining though, so I don't know where to draw the line between being consistent with them and doing them too often.

I don't want to start assuming I'm not dreaming, but when I've been questioning reality non-stop for the past eight or more hours I feel like I need a way to build on the continuity of the RCs/mindfulness exercises I've already done without having to strain myself mentally so much.

My question might not make as much sense as I think it does, so let me know if there's anything I need to clarify. Any responses would be appreciated.


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1LRcazH

No comments:

Post a Comment