Monday, March 31, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | Waking Life Visualization Technique (Could help with those who have trouble visualising)

Whilst I was walking down the pier with family last night my mum told me to close my eyes and see how far I could walk down the pier before I opened them again, she guided me so I didn't bump into anything. I ended up walking for 10 minutes but decided to keep the process going for fun to see if I could make it home. The rest of the journey was a 5 minute trip up a long sloped street and then a turn and a walk down my entire street. I made it all the way to my front door but as I got to my gate I realised that I could try and visualize what I should be seeing, as if my eyes were really open but it was just too dark to see anything. IT only occurred to me to do this here because I know my front garden and the inside of my house very well.



By this point I had been moving with closed eyes for a good 15 minutes. I didn't begin to vividly see my house or anything, but as I felt my way past the front gate to the garden, and stepped in my house, I explored my house with my eyes closed and tried my best to visualise what I'm extremely used to seeing on a regular basis. I was able to navigate with much more efficiency after I started doing this rather than just feeling my way around.



Then I thought this might be a good practice technique for lucid dreaming techniques. So what I am going to do is navigate my house each night for a little while with my eyes closed the whole time, and hopefully this experience will greatly enhance my ability to visualise when I'm going to bed (something I'm not too great at). It gives me the focus to really feel what I'm touching and hearing too, since there is no visual input.



What are your thoughts on this, do you think it could help? Sorry if this is a tried and tested idea already.



I'll let you know how it goes for me!





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1ghYZbc

No comments:

Post a Comment