Wednesday, November 11, 2015

From the Desk of John Rourke – November 12th, 2015

Hope everyone’s weeks is going well. Had a few minutes so wanted to touch base.

Yesterday was really touching to see the outpouring support for Veterans. I have mentioned this before but I did not serve. It is a regret I consider often. I have always appreciated what men and women of the armed forces have done for this country. My father was a Vet and I loved hearing stories of his time in basic training and the camaraderie he had with fellow soldiers.

I saw comments rolling in here and checked Instagram and Facebook periodically. Lots of stories, memories and appreciation shared.

Throughout social media there were also lots of comments regarding today’s generation and the degrading respect for the country itself, the American flag, and all that many brave men and women have sacrificed for. I agree. The entitlement minded today lack the understanding and respect for the country that should be there. The reasons are many and that is for another day.

What I do know is most everyone I have ever met and know now respect the hell out of the military and all those that serve and have served. While many things about this country are screwed at least the respect for the military hasn’t totally dissipated.

As Capt. Michaels provided  – this video is very fitting……

 

To all those that serve and have served…..a sincere “Thank you.”

Rourke

 

 

 

 

 



via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1LbeSPT

No comments:

Post a Comment