Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lucid Dreaming | MILD autosuggestion: Next time I see the light

Last night, in between two sleep cycles, I thought of a reformulation of the MILD autosuggestion. Instead of thinking "Next time I'm dreaming, I will recognize that I'm dreaming" (the standard formulation), I thought "Next time I see the light, I will look at my hands and recognize that I am dreaming".



The point is to avoid the chicken-and-egg problem associated with the standard formulation: In order to trigger the event of recognizing that you are dreaming, you must have recognized that you are dreaming.

If I set my prospective memory to check for light detection (something straightforward), and I set this task with my eyes closed, in the dark, chances are the next triggered event will be in a dream.



Have you tried it before?



P.S.: It worked last night! Thank you prospective memory...





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1CBNCYs

No comments:

Post a Comment