Wednesday, May 27, 2015

From the Desk of John Rourke – May 28th, 2015

I have found Facebook as a very useful tool for finding great deals on used stuff. I belong to several area groups targeting general merchandise or firearms. Keeping an eye on deals will bring up a great bargain once in a while. Don’t use Facebook? No problem. That is a choice everyone makes for themselves.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Appreciate the responses to my question about Rock Island 1911’s. I am not a huge fan of 1911’s but saw one at my local shop and it caught my eye. I believe this is the model:

51488_1911-a1_tac_ultra_ms_45acp_2-450x300

I have owned a Kimber and a Para but am just so used to polymer frame pistols I have continued to stay loyal to them. But hey -I am not opposed to expanding my horizons.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

The recent article on “Rugged Vehicles” sure did generate a lot of discussion which is great. Capt. mentioned mountain bikes. I own four mountain bikes plus a road bike. Great mode of local transportation without the need for fuel other than calories for energy.

Another fantastic mode of transportation is the use of mopeds/scooters. These things are inexpensive and get incredible gas mileage. When a gallon of gas is a rare commodity being able to travel 50-80 miles with it certainly is beneficial.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

The Emergency Essentials monthly sale is almost over for May. As usual they have an assortment of food storage and preparedness items at highly discounted prices.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Patriot Members: A new video has been added to the member-only areaMy Ultimate budget self defense handgun recommendation is the title.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

New movie starts tonight…..San Andreas.  Looks to action packed.

Here is the trailer:

 

 

 



via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1Kqh2Nu

No comments:

Post a Comment