Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | Am I trying at the wrong time or am I just doing something wrong? (WILD)

So, as part of trying to go back to my LD-ing ways, I decided I'd do a WBTB today. Set my alarm to go off in roughly 6 hours and 50 minutes, accounting for the long time it takes me to fall asleep. However, I woke up early. Roughly 4-4.5 after falling asleep. I decided to WILD then, figured it was better if I naturally woke up.



And then I stood motionless on my bed for a long time. Typical stuff happened. I begin to feel heavy. I can still move my muscles but it feels like it would be harder than usual. A bunch of twitches as well, for some reason.



Then what I took as the dream starting began to happen: I saw white before my eyes while empty noise in my ears became apparent.



The annoying thing that has always happened to me in this phase is that I get the strong wish to open my eyelids, my right one specifically this time. It starts to twitch as if it wants to open for no apparent reason. Along with that, the white colors and noise progressed into nothing. So I continued to lay there, in a really uncomfortable position by now with the huge urge to swallow.



I got the flashes of light several more times and at one point, a really fast-beating heart. This really put me off continuing to WILD because my breathing got fucked up by the heart rate and my eyes wouldn't stay shut.



I'm taking this as if I tried to WILD at the wrong time. Because during all the time I laid still, this thing progressed into nothing. I think I was not due for my REM cycle, I was either entering the light sleep or deep sleep mode awake, thus no dreams could form. What was weird, I didn't strongly even get the dreamy thought processes, it was pretty easy to keep track of what I was thinking of.



Would I be right in assuming I just woke up at the wrong time? Or am I doing something wrong?



Thank ye all.





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1DPt9kr

No comments:

Post a Comment