Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | How do you get lucid?

For some time now I’ve been try to LD. It’s been a bit of a hit and miss affair as I have not been following any exercises in anger. My first success was earlier in the year and very short lived and I became fully aware after a very short about of time – probably brought on by the excitement of it all. The next could of times lasted slightly longer and I've been able to maintain them for some time.



Until last night it was my belief that you entered lucidity from a deep sleep state but my recent experience suggests this is probably not the case for a lot of people. I entered lucidity for (what felt like maybe a minute) and then woke up. Without moving I attempted to drift back off to sleep and (what felt like) immediately getting lucidity which again lasted for (what felt like) a minute. I was able to get lucidity a few times this morning in this way. It felt like I was walking a tightrope though. I found it very difficult to maintain the lucid state and it was easy to either wake up entirely or fall into a normal dream state.



Do most people enter (and are able to control) the lucid state from point of initially falling asleep? Is this something that is worth working on and if so are there any good exercises I could follow?





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://www.dreamviews.com/showthread.php?t=149153&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment