Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lucid Dreaming | 5+ years and no luck??

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.



I was introduced to Lucid Dreaming in late 2008 and from that moment, I knew it was something I was going to learn to do no matter what it took. I bought books, searched the internet, talk with people and did everything I could. I bought a dream journal and recorded all the parts of my dreams I remembered in the morning. (Thankfully, I have way better dream recall than I ever did. I can remember like four or more of my dreams a night.) I do multiple reality checks during the day, repeat mantras, write on my hands, and pretty much use every technique in the book. I’ve tried WILD, WBTB, MILD, FILD, ETC.



Dream signs aren’t helping like they should. It’s like I’m not noticing them in my dreams, even though I see them in my dream journal a thousand times. If I do notice them in my dreams, my brain just kinda blows it off.



I’ve tried aids like meditation music, binaural beats, isochronic tones, eating and not eating certain foods, vitamins, alarms and anything else I could find on this site that was legal and not drug like. (I haven’t tried those sleeping lucid dreaming masks, due to the fact that I’ve seen nothing but bad reviews.)



As for my sleep when I’m not trying to do a certain technique, I fall asleep and wake up at the same time every day. My room's completely dark and I use earplugs. I’ve tried changing it up and sleeping in light with no earplugs, which was a mess. I’ve even tried changing my sleep schedule. Don’t even get me started on afternoon naps…urgh.



I do remember a few months ago, I recognized I was dreaming because my hands looked different, but I woke myself up. I realize that was a control issues and I got too excited, but look at it from my point of view and how many years I waited for it. I haven’t had one since. (I know how to control my dreams, I just wasn't able to use it at that point.)



I'm not ready to give up, but I'm starting to feel hopeless and I know that's terrible and doesn't help. Maybe I’m trying to hard now? Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that I’m a very stressed out person with anxiety? (I’m not taking any medication for either of them so that wouldn’t be a cause for the lack of Lucid.)



There has to be a reason I’m having trouble, I just can’t find it. Any ideas? :D Thanks!





via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/1md84sr

No comments:

Post a Comment