Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lucid Dreaming | Sleep Cycles (what time do you wake yourself up?)

I'm currently trying to work out the best time to wake myself during the night, in order to remember an extra dream. I've been using the Sleep As Android app to record my sleep cycles so that I can get a vague impression, though I don't think it's massively reliable. The good thing about it though is that you can set it to wake you up after a cycle, roughly around the time you've set your alarm, so you don't have to be overly specific!

One question I have is how systematic are sleep cycles? Are they generally the same length throughout the same period of sleep? I know that the length of NREM/REM periods change over time, but does this change the overall length of the cycle or do they increase/decrease in proportion? I think from my limited anecdotal experience that my sleep cycles are generally around 1:45; will this change through the night or could this be something to stick to?

From a look at my graphs on this app, it seems an REM cycle often ends not long before the 5-hour mark. I know it's different for every person, but can anyone attest to this? Is this too early to get a solid dream?


Much love.


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/2a5IS6Q

No comments:

Post a Comment