Friday, August 26, 2016

Lucid Dreaming | Body numbness and hypnagogic thought.

I thought I'd address two subjects in this post instead of making two different posts. I already know what both of these for but what I'm looking for is perhaps help in better understanding it and how to use it to attain lucid dreams. Both of these things I can attain extremely easily. In fact I wonder if it's normal or I'm gifted with hypnagogic abilities. The body numbness will come whenever I stay still and expect it to come. It's strange how it involves expectation because if I stay still to sleep or something and don't have it in mind then it won't happen. But I can do this pretty much anywhere. In fact I just did it while in fact I almost got my whole body numb in the passengers seat of a car just a few minutes ago. I know this can lead to lucid dreams if you get your whole body numb but I often just don't have the time to do it.

As for hypnagogic thought. I actually just learned of this term recently I didn't know what to call it before then. This one happens a little less frequently but will be more likely the more tired I am. I mean I had times when it's four in the morning and I'm falling asleep as I'm trying to finish something and the thoughts I currently have suddenly become warped and take on a life of their own. That's when it's most frequent but it can also happen in less extreme circumstances where I'm just laying down waiting to fall asleep and then it happens as well. The strangest thing about these thoughts is when I snap out of it they quickly fade from my memory much like a dream so I rarely remember what the thoughts actually involved. I do remember a couple of them though. One of them included me becoming human paint and I started splashing myself against the wall and as I'm doing it the wall becomes very colorful and beautiful. Another one involved me associating a gold storage from a mobile game called clash of clans with my emotional stability. Despite having these thoughts quite often those are the only ones I can really remember. I want to be clear that this isn't a dream some of you might suggest that it's a dream but it is not. I was definitely awake while those thoughts occurred.

So I was thinking that I could use these hypnagogic thoughts to have a lucid dream. It's difficult to time this though because these thoughts are very random and I usually end up snapping myself out of them before I think to use them.


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity http://ift.tt/2c2QM4m

No comments:

Post a Comment