Friday, August 10, 2018

Lucid Dreaming | Shadowtech's Omnilucidity Experiment

Hi everyone! I'm back after a long period of inactivity on Dreamviews (pretty sure noone noticed anyway...), but a long time ago I came across Shadowtech's technique to become lucid 100% of the time(?) which apparently involves constantly monitoring your blinking and/or breathing.

I tried to do it with breathing at first (again, long time ago), but I quickly found that Conscious Breathing was not only difficult to permanently monitor, but also exhausting and painful. I stopped after a week or so with no success in inducing lucid dreams.

Now I'm trying it again with blinking. I just started yesterday. At first I would just do the exact same thing I did with breathing, just try to keep it in the front of my mind all the time. It didn't really work for the same reasons. But I quickly thought outside the box and decided for one of the following two variants:

  1. Visualize a flash of red light (like taking damage in an FPS) right after you blink.
  2. Count your number of blinks every day.

The idea behind both of them is that you're associating every blink with a very simple task, but one that requires conscious interference. Very subtle, but present. So theoretically this should make me omni-aware of every time I blink. Yesterday, indeed, it did work almost flawlessly, with just one single blackout period for ~2-3 minutes when I completely forgot.

I'm working with the red light technique. Today in the morning I tried the counting technique but I lost count when I had a sequence of really fast blinks. Warning to anyone who attempts to use counting, the number is larger than you might think, I got to 170 within the first hour of my day even when my eyes were closed most of the time. I imagine it can easily be 2000+ per day.

The idea, of course, is that whenever you notice you haven't blinked in a really long time, you're very probably dreaming, so just do a reality check. If you can remember the last time blinking because it was literally seconds ago, you're quite probably awake. With the counting technique, you can also have the following variant: if you remember what the number of the last blink was, you're awake, else you're dreaming.

So anyway, I'll use this thread to track my progress and we'll see how quickly I'll be able to have lucid dreams using this technique, I imagine it'll take quite a long time but be so fulfilling and rewarding in the end that it'll be worth it (using Shadowtech's testimony). Anyone can benefit from the data collected in this experiment. FOR SCIENCE!


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity https://ift.tt/2B0YARG

No comments:

Post a Comment