Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Lucid Dreaming | PseudoWILDs

I can’t do the traditional WILD with keeping the awareness during the whole process. I either can’t fall asleep or can’t do the transition. The way how I am able to “WILD” is by setting an intent to notice that I am dreaming later, when the dream starts (or to notice the end of the transition). Although it sounds a little bit MILDish, I still do it as WILD, but the anchor keeping me connected with the real world is as subtle as it can be.

Today, I was unable to sleep, tired after several hours of low quality sleep (including a string of FAs, with one very low quality lucid), I decide to get up but I feel groggy, so I just put a big cushion under my head and close my eyes again, thinking that I could try to WILD or just closed my eyes and watch HI/dreamlets for a while.
My mind wanders, I daydream a bit and watch HIs and dreamlets and minidreams and my daydreaming mixes with it. It’s all unstable, going from thought to thought, from image to image. I interact with it through my daydreaming. I am keeping my consciousness but I would say I lost “situational awareness”.
At some point, there was some music and I said to myself, that this music is in my head and not outside, so I can try “listening in” (I read something Raduga-related the day before but only briefly). I was able to make the music louder and I started to see outlines of a room through my eyes (a different room than my real room). It worked! I also tried some phantom movements. But it receded slightly and I felt myself in a bed again (a different bed than my real bed, this was a dream bed). I focused on the music again and it again worked but my vision was still bad and I had an idea to open my dream eyes, I did it and it worked. Then I slowly tried to get up, worried about moving in reality, but at that point, I realized it is more stable than I thought and simply got up, I was lucid and standing in the room. Then I had a short LD.
After waking up from this at first, I thought I WILDed but then I realized, that I actually did the whole "transition" while I was already dreaming. And that what I thought was a HI/dreamlet was actually a dream. Maybe an unstable and just formed dream, but a dream. The whole experience took between 20 and 25 minutes.

We have these definitions:
WILD - going directly to the dream, staying conscious for the whole time
DILD - realizing “I am dreaming” after a period of unconscious sleep or in the middle of the dream

I see the possibility of something in-between (getting to the dream after a period of semiconscious, confused, HI-drunk state). It’s like setting for yourself a path of breadcrumbs and then following the path. Never losing the path but somewhat forgetting what I am doing and what the breadcrumbs mean, just knowing that there is something good at the end of the path.

A similar in-between technique for me is VILD. It can have these outcomes for me:
a) I slip into a semi-lucid dream, I think I am still daydreaming but I am in fact dreaming.
b) At some point, I realize “I am not visualizing this” or “this is not a daydream anymore” and get lucid.
c) I slip into unconscious NREM sleep but then the moment I start to dream, I notice that I am dreaming (“wait, I am not visualizing this”).
d) I have a DILD later, although it usually isn’t “I am dreaming, this is not real” realization but more like “I am doing something conscious and that what I am doing is dreaming”. Like noticing that something is happening, not questioning reality.

I see c) and d) as clear DILDs. a) is basically a failure but can be good fun and is only a small step from turning into b). b) is the in-between situation or following breadcrumbs. I daydream with the intention to notice when the daydream changes into a real dream and this eventually happens (although it can take me a while to notice).

What do you think? Are these all DILDs? Can a clear-cut line be drawn to separate WILDs and DILDs (MILD-like, achieved through autosuggestion)? Where do you draw the line? Or is there a grey spectrum between these?


via Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views - Attaining Lucidity https://ift.tt/3dYoYfp

No comments:

Post a Comment