Thursday, April 30, 2015

From the Desk of John Rourke – May 1st, 2015

Picked up a pellet rifle Thursday night. Guy was selling is used locally. This is a piston model rated at 1000 fps with .177 cal pellets. Will play with it some this weekend.

20150430_215118

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

The issues with visiting MSO and it setting off alarms with some anti-virus softwares should be over. I did find that a “hosted image” from an advertiser was pulling from a website with an expired “certificate”. Hey – I don’t understand all this stuff but I removed the link and it seems to be fine now.

If you still experience any problems let me know.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Bird flu has been identified at five new sites in Iowa, including a commercial egg-laying operation in Buena Vista County that houses an estimated 5.5 million birds, the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship said on Thursday.

If highly pathogenic avian influenza is confirmed at the egg-laying site by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the total number of U.S. cases would surpass 20 million birds, the most in U.S. history.

Not good news folks. This situation has been getting worse and worse over the past few months.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Anyone handle the Glock 43? I like my Shield 9mm.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Going to finish planting the garden this weekend and hope to get started in a chicken coop. Weather is supposed to be nice.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Ruger has come out with the Mini-14 in .300 Blackout. I like the Mini-14 however it is WAY overpriced. If you could buy one new for $500-$575 the gun would make much more sense to me. $825+? I don’t think so.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

 



via ModernSurvivalOnline.com http://ift.tt/1DOcDQc

No comments:

Post a Comment